Most teams are looking to participate in only the flagship event this year: the race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. There will also be a practice that takes place at Purdue before the end of Purdue’s academic year. This is allow Purdue students (especially international students) who have purchased plane tickets to get to run their kart before they leave for the summer.
The Indianapolis event will be 50 laps and approximately 16 miles long.
2015 Race Day Schedule coming soon!!!!!!!
The evGrand Prix at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
The event will take place on May 12th & May 13th at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, with a rain date of May 14th.
Below is a schedule for the 3 days in May —
Monday, May 11th Track Set Up and Tech Inspection
- 8am Meet for Track Set Up
- 2pm-5pm Registration and Tech Open
- 6pm Track Closes
Tuesday, May 12th Practice and Qualifications
- 8am Tech Inspection Opens
- 11am Practice/Qualification Sessions Begin
- 2 Sessions/8 laps each/8 karts on track at a time
- 1pm High School EVGrandPrix Preview
- 4pm Heat Races Begin
- 8 karts per heat race running 8 laps
Wednesday, May 13th Race Day (Rain day Thursday 14th)
- 10am-High School EVGrandPrix Preview
- 11:00 am-Driver’s Meeting
- 11:30am-Driver’s Announced
- 11:45am-Driver’s to their Karts
- 12:00am-National Anthem
- 12:10am-Driver’s Energize Karts
- 12:15am-Green Flagged dropped for 50 Lap Race Race
- 1:30pm-Conclusion of race
- 2:15pm-Awards Ceremony
- 3pm-Pack up track